REPORT: Aldershot 3 – 1 Chester FC

Updated: January 10, 2016

Chester fans went home bitterly disappointed on Saturday as the Blues lost to an Aldershot side who before the match had lost seven out of their last nine games.


From the get go Aldershot took control of the game, with the Shots creating the first chance that would go on to set the tone for the whole game as a header from McGinty was cleared off the line by Ryan Higgins. Chester’s in form Ross Hannah had a chance not long after with a lobbed effort just edging over the bar. In the next fifteen minutes McGinty caused absolute havoc in the Chester box as another corner ended with his shot smashing against the crossbar.


The game refused to settle down in the first half as Hannah was denied by Aldershot’s keeper, before seconds later Aldershot counter attacked, leaving Chester defender Ian Sharps scrambling to clear the ball.


Before half time there was a massive controversy as Chester’s Craig Mahon took the ball around the Aldershot keeper before being brought down by him just inside the box.Everyone including the shots thought it would be a penalty however it was not given, leaving everyone bewildered as the first half drew to a close.


In the second half Chester came out as if they had lost the will to live as Aldershot dominated the midfield. The breakthrough came in the 50th minute as he tapped home a soft shot which Wornsop should have done better with. Then two minutes later Alfie Perry made it two after Worsnop seemed to have made a good save initially, but ultimately failed to stop the ball from ending up in the back of the net.


After that Chester never came out of their half with Aldershot creating multiple of opportunities but not capitalising on them. Chester did come alive when John Rooney came on in the 55min, with the team starting to move the ball forward and on the 78th minute Rooney fired home a shot into the top right hand corner from 25 yards out.


As the weather got worse Aldershot put play to any hopes of a Chester comeback as they put the final nail in the coffin with an 89th minute tap from a simple cross by Charlie Williams.


Steve Burr now needs to show Chester fans that he has the capabilities to stay in charge of the blues as it is looking bleak as the fight against relegation starts here.


What next for Chester FC? Share us your opinion on this…



Follow Let’s Talk Sport on:





Audio Boom



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *